Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com> on 2017/08/28 05:32:20 UTC

[VOTE] 2.10.0 release candidate 1 (RC1)

This is a vote to release Impala 2.10.0.

- The artefacts for testing can be downloaded from <
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.10.0/RC1/>.

- The git tag for this release candidate is 2.10.0-rc1 and tree hash is
visible at
<
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-impala.git;a=tree;hb=2a7c8b9011905bfeb21b0610f0739f9df9daacef

Please vote +1 or -1. -1 votes should be accompanied by an explanation of
the reason. Only PPMC members and mentors have binding votes, but other
community members are encouraged to cast non-binding votes. This vote will
pass if there are 3 binding +1 votes and more binding +1 votes than -1
votes.

This wiki page describes how to check the release before you vote:
*https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/How+to+Release#HowtoRelease-HowtoVoteonaReleaseCandidate
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/How+to+Release#HowtoRelease-HowtoVoteonaReleaseCandidate>*

The vote will be open until the end of Wednesday, August 30, Pacific time
zone (UTC-08:00).
Once the vote passes the Impala PPMC vote, it still must pass the incubator
PMC vote before a release is made.

Re: [VOTE] 2.10.0 release candidate 1 (RC1)

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks for notifying the list Tim. Looks like a serious bug and a release
blocker.

Once you fix it in the master, can you please cherry-pick it to
 "branch-2.10.0", so that I can work on creating RC2.

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@apache.org>.
Hey Bharath,

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
+ mentors

gpg: Good signature from "Jim Apple (CODE SIGNING KEY) <jb...@apache.org>"

Posted by Matthew Jacobs <mj...@cloudera.com>.
[...]

+ wget -q https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.10.0/RC1/apache-impala-incubating-2.10.0.tar.gz
+ for SUFFIX in gz gz.asc gz.md5 gz.sha512
+ wget -q https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.10.0/RC1/apache-impala-incubating-2.10.0.tar.gz.asc
+ for SUFFIX in gz gz.asc gz.md5 gz.sha512
+ wget -q https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.10.0/RC1/apache-impala-incubating-2.10.0.tar.gz.md5
+ for SUFFIX in gz gz.asc gz.md5 gz.sha512
+ wget -q https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/impala/2.10.0/RC1/apache-impala-incubating-2.10.0.tar.gz.sha512

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Tim. I'll cut another RC and post a separate [VOTE] thread.

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Jim Apple <jb...@cloudera.com>.