Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Maria Mosolova <Ma...@corp.aol.com> on 2008/01/15 21:47:03 UTC

best way to get number of documents in a Solr index

Hello,

I am looking for the best way to get the number of documents in a Solr
index. I'd like to do it from a java code using solrj. Any suggestions
are welcome.

Thank you in advance,
Maria mosolova

Re: best way to get number of documents in a Solr index

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
try a query with q=*:*

the 'numFound' will be every document -- use &rows=0 to avoid returing
docs (if you like)

ryan

Posted by Maria Mosolova <Ma...@corp.aol.com>.
Thanks a lot Brian!