Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Skees <sk...@hom.net> on 2000/04/21 21:28:15 UTC

DSN/ASP problems on Appache/RH 61

Hi Everyone,

How do you set up a system DSN (Data Source Name) on a linux box so that ASP
(active server pages) will "talk" to it?

I have followed all of the Apache::ASP instructions as closely as possible.
I can get most http pages with .asp to work, but several which involve DB
generation and manipulation I cannot get to work. I'm fairly exasperated at
this point. Please click on
http://www.web2power.com/cgi-bin/W2P_FeedBack.asp, enter some data and click
submit to see what I'm talking about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Re: DSN/ASP problems on Appache/RH 61

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Michael Skees wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> How do you set up a system DSN (Data Source Name) on a linux box so that ASP
> (active server pages) will "talk" to it?
>
> I have followed all of the Apache::ASP instructions as closely as possible.
> I can get most http pages with .asp to work, but several which involve DB
> generation and manipulation I cannot get to work. I'm fairly exasperated at
> this point. Please click on
> http://www.web2power.com/cgi-bin/W2P_FeedBack.asp, enter some data and click
> submit to see what I'm talking about.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Mike

Note that Apache::ASP is perl native, and database accesss
is done through the DBI / DBD interface.  What you are using
is native MS ASP objects & VBScript.  We have only perl scripting
here :)  perldoc DBI for more info.  As long as the db is not
MSSQL, or Access, then you will have a good chance of interfacing
with it...

Check out all the DBD drivers there are at:
  http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/DBD/

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA