Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by ilker cigdemal <il...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 22:50:50 UTC

installing spider monkey problem for couchdb

Hello everyone,
I am going to work with couchdb so i need to install it. I install all
prerequisites for installing couchdb i installed and created some databases
and documents then i run a view but it didn't work. So i noticed that i
haven't install spider monkey. I uninstalled couchdb i installed spider
monkey. I followed these steps to install spider monkey:
I use ubuntu 10.04, it doesn't have a package so, i need to install from
source

make BUILD_OPT=1 -f Makefile.ref
ln -s /home/ilker/js/src/Linux_All_OPT.OBJ/libjs.so /usr/local/lib
mkdir -p /usr/local/include/js

root@ilker-laptop:/home/ilker/js/src# cp *.h Linux_All_OPT.OBJ/jsautocfg.h
*.msg /usr/local/include/js

but when i try to configure couchdb
root@ilker-laptop:/opt/apache-couchdb-0.11.0# ./configure
i get this message at the end
checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... no
checking for JS_NewContext in -ljs... yes
checking jsapi.h usability... no
checking jsapi.h presence... no
checking for jsapi.h... no
checking js/jsapi.h usability... no
checking js/jsapi.h presence... no
checking for js/jsapi.h... no
configure: error: Could not find the jsapi header.
Are the Mozilla SpiderMonkey headers installed?

so i have jsapi.h file in /usr/local/include/js
but i think couchdb cannot see it
where do i need to put my spider monkey lib?
i mean, how can i do a proper spider monkey installation?

Re: installing spider monkey problem for couchdb

Posted by ilker cigdemal <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,
these steps solved my problem:

curl -O ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/js-1.7.0.tar.gz
tar zxvf js-1.7.0.tar.gz
cd js/src
export CFLAGS="-DJS_C_STRINGS_ARE_UTF8"
make -f Makefile.ref
JS_DIST=/usr make -f Makefile.ref export

Best regards.
ilker

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.