Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Goldhahn <Ma...@vismaunique.no> on 2006/04/26 13:24:39 UTC

Unbalanced Session created/destroyed

In order to track down an error in my servlet application, I'm trying to
trace when sessions are created and destroyed. For this I defined a
HttpSessionListener.

  public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent se) {
        se.getSession().setAttribute(ATTRIBUTE, this);
        if (trace.wanted(UqTrace.FINE)) {
            trace.print("Session created");
        }
    }

    public void sessionDestroyed(@SuppressWarnings("unused")
HttpSessionEvent se) {
        boolean istrace = trace.wanted(UqTrace.FINE);
        for (UqDisposable d : disposables) {
            if (istrace) {
                trace.print("Disposing Dispoable: " + d.toString());
            }
            d.dispose();
        }
        if (istrace) {
            trace.print("Session disposed");
        }
    }

According to the log file there are more sessions destroyed than
created. Dows this indicate an error or can this be ignored?

Martin