Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by REH Wolfgang <wo...@alcatel.at> on 2005/02/18 10:33:02 UTC

Displaying a SVG graphic in a table cell

Hi,
    I want to display a SVG graphic in a table cell (JTable). I have tried to build my own table cell renderer, but I can't get it to display the graphic. I have the feeling that the reason for that is the asynchronous nature of the JSVGCanvas. What do I have to do to make the canvas paint the content to the table cell?

    Thanks,

  _____

Alcatel
Wolfgang Reh

Scheydgasse 41
1210 Wien

Tel: +43 (1) 27722 - 5281
mailto:Wolfgang.Reh@alcatel.at <ma...@alcatel.at>

Re: Displaying a SVG graphic in a table cell

Posted by Thomas DeWeese <Th...@Kodak.com>.
Hi Wolfgang,

REH Wolfgang wrote:

>     I want to display a SVG graphic in a table cell (JTable). I have
> tried to build my own table cell renderer, but I can't get it to display
> the graphic. I have the feeling that the reason for that is the
> asynchronous nature of the JSVGCanvas.

    Correct, this is the problem.

> What do I have to do to make the
> canvas paint the content to the table cell?

    I don't think you can use the JSVGCanvas directly.  I see
two major routes to go.  1) Use the GVT tree to render the
document in your CellRenderer, 2) Use a BufferedImage of the
SVG for the CellRenderer.

    For either of these you could use the Canvas as a 'factory'
or you can construct them yourself.  In either case you will
probably want to move the construction from the cell renderer
to the SVGData class.

    I hope you don't need interactivity from the table cells.