Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Eric Boehm <bo...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2004/04/09 14:24:53 UTC

Re: Problem with addAscendingOrderByColumn -- NullPointerException with VARCHAR col, PostgreSQL -- SOLVED

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 03:28:14PM -0400, Boehm, Eric [GWRTP:CM21:EXCH] wrote:

     Eric> I'm using ant 1.6.1 torque 3.1 postgresql 7.3.4

     Eric> I get NullPointerException when using
     Eric> addAscendingOrderByColumn with a column of type VARCHAR. It
     Eric> works fine for a timezone column.

     Eric> I found some old messages on the mailing list from Dec 2002
     Eric> and added

     Eric> database name="<name>" to my schema.

Solved my own problem -- I had to regenerate the object model after
updating the schema. Once I did that, it worked.

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm@nortelnetworks.com       \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail