Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Mielke, Torsten" <to...@iona.com> on 2007/06/26 10:21:57 UTC

RE: CXF Eclipse plug-in

Thank you James,

I have downloaded the latest CXF Eclipse plug-in from
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cxf/cxf-eclipse-plugin/2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT/

and installed it into Eclipse. However I am still unsure if it provides me with new Eclipse functionality or if I need the complete STP bunch of plug-ins before I can make any use of the CXF plug-ins (as outlined in http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/os-dw-os-eclipse-soatp.html)?

Should I be able to use any CXF tools right after installing the CXF Eclipse plug-in? I verified the installed Eclipse plug-ins (Help-About-Plug-in Details) and org.apache.cxf was not listed. In the Eclipse errors file I only see
!MESSAGE Checkstyle-Plugin: C:\Temp\EclipseWorkspace\cxf-checkstyle.properties (The system cannot find the file specified)

Am I missing something? I also believe the documentation at http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF20DOC/CXF+tools+in+Eclipse could be more concrete.

Regards,
Torsten Mielke

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.
Hi,

The CXF Eclipse plugin is currently only work with Eclipse STP project.

The tutorial on devworks, is out of date.

I just been told, that the STP 6.0 release is this Friday (The Eclipse
Euoap),
you should download that stable version , and also at that time you will
get the updated documents.
i will add a link into the cxf wiki page then.

James

Re: CXF Eclipse plug-in

Posted by Tomek Sztelak <ts...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Try Eclipse STP http://download.eclipse.org/stp/downloads/. I checked
it few days ago and it works (but use newest snapshot not eclipse
update site).

--
-----
When one of our products stops working, we'll blame another vendor