Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Ryan Shelley <12...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 21:28:39 UTC

Re: Does Abator from trunk override user added methods to the DAO/DAOImpl files on regen?

I created a "Custom" DAO that extends the Abator generated DAO.  That gave
me the ability to rebuild the Abator DAOs on the fly, and still have custom
methods for handling custom queries, translating between custom extended
Models, etc.  So I have a custom DAO that extends the Abator DAO, a custom
SQL Maps file that is included in my Spring SQL Maps Config XML, and if I
need to extend the Model to provide functionality that's outside the scope
of the Data tier, I'll create a custom Model extended from the Abator
generated Model and convert between the two in the custom DAO.  And since
the custom model would be extended from the original Abator generated Model,
passing the custom model back to an abator generated DAO should be fine if
you cast back to the original Abator generated model.

I'm not sure if that's the best way to do it, but it's working for me.

-Ryan