Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/02 16:12:26 UTC

Re: How can I help?

Hi Willes,
Thanks much for opening this conversation.

Replying inline:

I am a bit confused about the versions of projects, therefore we could have
> in TomEE site, a further information about the target for each project
> version? Thereby, when we know until which version goes each goal?

What exactly do you mean by "each project version" and "..which version
goes each goal"?
Are you referring to each maven module that is part of
https://github.com/apache/tomee folder structure? or
Are you referring to the different flavors of TomEE
http://tomee.apache.org/comparison.html?

Another remark is, when somebody ask a general question to this mail
> list,may be lost, for both old and new users. For olds, due to
> forgetfulness andfor news, due to past messages.Thereby, it will be
> possible have a FAQ area or anything similar?

+1 to the idea of having a FAQ in the website, I would suggest to add it on
the community section: http://tomee.apache.org/community/index.html. In
case you want to open a PR for this FAQ page, then the tomee-site generator
project is the one you will need to look:
https://github.com/apache/tomee-site-generator/  and
https://www.tomitribe.com/blog/how-to-contribute-to-the-tomee-website/

About the Past Messages, both the user and dev mailing list are publicly
archived: https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@tomee.apache.org

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: How can I help?

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I recall bringing a slightly similar topic under the name of a Dependency
Matrix on the mailing list [1]
I created the following JIRA to make sure we don't lose track of this idea:

The JIRA es open and waiting for anyone who wants to take a shoot on this
idea and be assigned to the ticket.

[1] https://markmail.org/message/hyecgobctujdiyzo

--
Atentamente: