Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Jonathan Bernwieser <be...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/17 12:13:44 UTC

generated code in jena

Hi there,
I am currently doing my Bachelor thesis at TU Munich, at the Software
Engineering chair of Prof. Broy.

The goal of this thesis is to create a tool to automatically categorize
source code in open source software. Different categories will be "test
code", "generated code" and "productive code" to better evaluate and use the
results of quality-check techniques. (Static analyses might detect certain
quality problems even though they're not relevant for a certain code
category. One example would be the amount of clones found in a project. It
has to be checked what kind of category the evaluated code belongs to as
clones aren't causing quality issues if they occur in "generated code".)

In order to create and test heuristics to identify code categories, I first
need to create manually a collection of different projects (or classes to be
more specific) I actually know about what kind of category they belong to.

While manually going through the jena project I found generated files in the
following directory:

*         jena/jena-2.6.3/src/com/hp/hpl/jena/n3/turtle/parser/

*         jena/jena-2.6.3/src/com/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/arp/

*         jena/jena-2.6.3/src/com/hp/hpl/jena/vocabulary/

using the schemagen and the JavaCC generators.

Are there any other generated classes or are there other generators used I
didn't recognize?

Thanks you for your help.
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

Jonathan

Re: generated code in jena

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
The current released version of Jena is 2.11.0

Exact source code for the release is available in

http://www.apache.org/dist/jena/source/

and in SVN:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jena/tags/jena-2.11.0/

There are several modules with generated:

jena-core/src/main/java/com/hp/hpl/jena/n3/turtle/parser/
   Old and out of date Turtle parser, retained for compatibility.
   Not used by default.
   The new Turtle parser is hand written.

jena-arq/src/main/java/com/hp/hpl/jena/sparql/lang/
   arq/
   sparql_10/
   sparql_11/
Variations on the SPARQL parsers

com/hp/hpl/jena/rdf/arp/ is not generated code (some of it's testing may
be; testing under src/test/)

jena-core/src/main/java/com/hp/hpl/jena/vocabulary/ is mostly schemagen
files.

jena-arq/src/main/java/com/hp/hpl/jena/sparql/vocabulary/
   schemagen (mostly)

	Andy

Re: generated code in jena

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.