Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Alexander Blotny <Al...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> on 2009/05/15 14:39:47 UTC

[SCXML] new release, parameter handling

Hi,

I have some questions to the SCXML project.
I am not sure if it is the right place, please tell me if it is not.

At first I would like to know when the next release will come. I could not
find any information on the page.
Furthermore I am curious if the next release will support EcmaScript as
evaluation language or does already something like a plugin exist?

As far as I can see the implementation does only support to execute void
methods without parameters when a certain state is reached. I think it would
be nice to have entry parameters and return values. So the results of one
state/method can be used in another one. Maybe there is already a
possibility but I missed it...

Thank you in advance.

greetings,
Alex

Re: [SCXML] new release, parameter handling

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Alexander Blotny
<Al...@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some questions to the SCXML project.
> I am not sure if it is the right place, please tell me if it is not.

<snip/>

This is the right place.

> At first I would like to know when the next release will come. I could not
> find any information on the page.
<snap/>

In a few months (purposely vague since there is no set date yet).

> Furthermore I am curious if the next release will support EcmaScript as
> evaluation language or does already something like a plugin exist?

<snip/>

Options [1][2] are being looked at. Since Commons SCXML has the notion
of pluggable ELs [3], a new release isn't strictly needed to add
support for a new EL though.

> As far as I can see the implementation does only support to execute void
> methods without parameters when a certain state is reached. I think it would
> be nice to have entry parameters and return values. So the results of one
> state/method can be used in another one. Maybe there is already a
> possibility but I missed it...

<snap/>

I think this is about the AbstractStateMachine class, which is meant
to be a simple example usage pattern. Adjust per taste, see user guide
for details.

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/branches/J6
(see oacs.env.javascript package)