Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Magnus Kvalheim <ma...@iloopmobile.com> on 2007/04/11 09:03:07 UTC

java.lang.LinkageError when building from trunk

Hi, I'm trying to build ftpserver from trunk, but all tests fail in the
org.apache.ftpserver.config.XmlConfigurationTest class.

I'm a maven newbie and the problems can be related to this:

Anyways,

I'm using windows

I've installed Maven 2.0.6 and added <maven-home>/bin to path

Test targets run, but I get the LinkageError as mentioned.

I've attached the sunfire report from test of the failing class.

A post had been made to the General mailing list with the same problem,
but I could not find solution for the same in dev mailing list.

http://www.mail-archive.com/general@incubator.apache.org/msg13282.html

Thanks

Magnus Kvalheim

Re: SV: Re: SV: Re: java.lang.LinkageError when building from trunk

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Magnus Kvalheim wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> I successfully build ftpserver with maven 2.0.5 and can now move on to new adventures.
>
> I wanted to have an ftp server for our custom db based filesystem, and assumed I had to implement the server from scratch.

If you haven't found out already, you should be able to implement your
own filesystem and plug into FtpServer.

> You can imagine my surprise and delight when I came across the apache ftpserver api which even enables me to embed server in our existing applications.

Happy to be of service :-)

> Many thanks and congratulations from Copenhagen

Tack från Göteborg.

/niklas

SV: Re: SV: Re: java.lang.LinkageError when building from trunk

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Magnus Kvalheim wrote:
> Hi niklas, thanks for your reply...
>
> I'm using JDK 5, and more specifically
>
> Microsoft Windows XP [version 5.1.2600]
> (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> java version "1.5.0_11"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_11-b03)
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_11-b03, mixed mode)

I just reran my build on Maven 2.0.6 and got the exact same problem.
I've previously been using 2.0.5 so this looks like a bad regression in
Maven. I've opened a thread on this over at the Maven users list:
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.turbine.maven.user/65347

For now, I've added the enforcer plugin to limit the allowed Maven
version to only 2.0.5 :-/ >insert moan about Maven here>

/niklas

SV: Re: java.lang.LinkageError when building from trunk

> Hi, I'm trying to build ftpserver from trunk, but all tests fail in the
> org.apache.ftpserver.config.XmlConfigurationTest class.
>

> I'm a maven newbie and the problems can be related to this:
>

> Anyways,
>
> I'm using windows
>
> I've installed Maven 2.0.6 and added <maven-home>/bin to path
>
> Test targets run, but I get the LinkageError as mentioned.

What JDK are you using? Could you please provide the output of java
-version.

/niklas

Re: java.lang.LinkageError when building from trunk

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi