Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Siraj Mohamed <Si...@virtusa.com> on 2005/12/12 13:12:06 UTC

what is different between 'lib' and 'endorsed' folder

Hi All,

I have written a class to get the reference to the TransactionManager
and this is the snap shot of the code like:

ObjectName TM_NAME = new

ObjectName("geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2e
e-server/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=TransactionManage
r,name=TransactionManager");

                                    Kernel kernel =
KernelRegistry.getSingleKernel();
                                    TransactionManager  tm =
(TransactionManager)kernel.getProxyManager().createProxy(TM_NAME,
                                    TransactionManager.class);

This class is used by one of my EJB which is already deployed on
Geronimo, to get the reference to the TransactionManager and I am
getting following exception in the server console of the Geronimo

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/management/ObjectName
        at
com.test.xmeta.ojb.transaction.WebSphereCETransactionManagerFactory.getT
ransactionManager(WebSphereCETransactionMana
actory.java:57)

The 'mx4j-3.0.1.jar' at Geronimo lib folder contains above class but it
doesn't get picked up. I just copied this jar into lib/enda123orsed
folder then I don't get above exception but again NoClassDefFoundError
for the KernelRegistry class. I wonder why the jars in the lib folder do
not get picked up at run time. Please note that I have added all
required Geronimo jars in the class path for my client. The problem
seems to be in the server site.

How can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,
Siraj