Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by siyi quan <si...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/17 06:02:34 UTC

Remove configuration "enable_partition" and "time_partition_interval_for_storage"

Hi all,

We will remove the configuration for datanode “enable_partition" and
"time_partition_interval_for_storage". "enable_partition" is determine
whether enable time partition for data, if disabled, all data belongs to
partition 0. Now we will open the time partition function all the time, if
you don't want this function, you can configure time_partition_interval to
Long.MAX_VALUE.
Time partition slot is used for routing data in IoTDB cluster, so we need
to keep consistent time partition interval on all datanodes and
confignodes.
"time_partition_interval_for_storage" is used to calculate time range for
dividing database, time series data will be divided into groups by this
time range, and each time partition has its own directory. Now we will get
this interval configuration from config node.
The configuration from config node names "time_partition_interval" from
iotdb-common.properties, and keep consistent on all datanodes and
confignodes.

Thanks,
Siyi Quan