Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Jeroen Kransen <je...@kransen.nl> on 2012/08/24 14:01:55 UTC

Round-trip OWL-Java mapping

Hi all,

We want to use Java POJOs reflecting RDF data, and be able to convert
them to RDF back and forth. Our preference is to design OWL-first,
using Protege, but we want to consider designing from Java annotations
if that gives us the possibility to round-trip the conversion. Protege
is able to generate POJOs from an existing ontology, but it seems hard
to map this data to a Jena triple store, other than by serializing it
to RDF/XML or Turtle first. Next, we want to be able to get the same
POJOs out of Jena when we query it.

Some of these requirements are covered by jenabean
(https://code.google.com/p/jenabean/), but there are some drawbacks:
* The project has not seen any modifications for 2.5 years, meaning
it's either dormant or dead.
* Designing the ontology needs to be done in the POJO, meaning we
can't use Protege for that

I would love to hear your experiences if you tried something similar
and what works best for you.

Thanks, Jeroen

Re: Round-trip OWL-Java mapping

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
I have recently released persistence annotations 4 RDF which may do what
you want.  https://sourceforge.net/projects/pa4rdf/

--
I like: Like Like - The likeliest place on the web<http://like-like.xenei.com>
Identity: https://www.identify.nu/user.php?claude@xenei.com