Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by Hitesh Kapoor <hi...@datatorrent.com> on 2016/10/26 12:06:07 UTC

(APEXMALHAR-2316) Cannot register tuple class in XmlParser Operator

Hi All,

The following stack trace is observed when we try to use XmlParser

Abandoning deployment due to setup failure.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:635)
at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:584)
at com.datatorrent.lib.parser.XmlParser.setup(XmlParser.java:135)
at com.datatorrent.lib.parser.XmlParser.setup(XmlParser.java:63)
at com.datatorrent.stram.engine.Node.setup(Node.java:187)...

The root cause for the above problem is that we are trying to use an
attribute of a port in the setup() of an operator. The fix for this is to
move the required code in activate().
I will do the code changes and open PR ( if there are no objections).

Regards,
Hitesh