Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nadia Kunkov <na...@parkerglobal.com> on 2003/12/02 20:11:07 UTC

Catalina.out is empty after JDK upgrade!!!

Hi, I have upgraded my Linux box to j2sdk1.4.1_04 from jdk1.3.1_04.  I have fixed the Java_Home variable in /tomcat4/conf/tomcat4.conf file to use the new one.  Now, when I run my java applications usually catalina.out gets populated with errors and messages.  My catalina.out is completely empty!  What happened?  Its something with java upgrade but I don't know what it is.
I'd appreciate any ideas.
Thanks in advance.
N.K.

Re: Catalina.out is empty after JDK upgrade!!!

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
Tomcat uses commons-logging for a lot of it's components.  If you don't do
anything special, this writes to the consol (captured in catalina.out) by
default for a 1.3.x JVM.  With a 1.4.x JVM, it will use the 1.4.x logging by
default.  Check your settings for 1.4.x logging.