Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Erwim Dondorp <fr...@dondorp.com> on 2017/12/10 22:06:04 UTC

your ActiveMQ network of brokers experience

Hello,

I've implemented ActiveMQ with a distributed application using the
Network-of-Brokers (see
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html).
Now I'm trying to figure out whether Network-of-Brokers is a common pattern;
and on which scale it is actually used with other applications out there.

Can you please boast about your Network-of-ActiveMQ-brokers?
For me, a rough indication about the tolopogy (star, mesh, line, etc) and
the number of brokers will do.

thx!
Erwin

Re: your ActiveMQ network of brokers experience

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I've used a topology where small networked clusters (an enclave) each had a
gateway broker that was networked with the gateway brokers of other
enclaves. We configured the gateways so that only certain specific
destinations were allowed to forward through the gateways to the other
enclaves, based on the business logic of our system.

Tim

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Erwin,