Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by roshansn <sn...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/05 09:38:19 UTC

ServiceMix 4 ON an Application Server

Hi all,

I need to deploy servicemix 4 as a war file on an application server like
JBOSS. Even servicemix 3 has a war file servicemix 4 doesnt have. Please
tell me whether this is possible or not ?

Thanks

Repo

Re: ServiceMix 4 ON an Application Server

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Based on example karaf-demos, I have adapt it to generate the WAR of
ServiceMix 4 snaphot instead of Karaf. Here is the issue :
https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-456 with the zip attached.
I haven't tested it. Feel free to test it and provide feedback please.

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Posted by Vincent GIRARDREYDET <vi...@thalesgroup.com>.
Hi,

Just check the example sources and you will note that the WAR that gets
built contains all dependencies  needed to start karaf. As SMX4 is
"just" a set of bundles over Karaf, you "just" have to provide the
bundles you need and package them in the war too. I have not personally
experienced it, but look at the shape of the WAR that gets built and you
should have a pretty good idea of where you have to add your bundles.
Then, if you want to add code of yours running on top on SMX4, you juste
have to follow the same procedure.

Basically what it does is embed the full OSGi container and start it in
your web container. Once it is started, you're back in an almost 'plain
old' SMX4.

Vincent

Posted by roshansn <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yeah, SMX4 also support to be deployed as a war file, please take a
look at the examples/karaf-demos/web shipped with the kit.

Freeman
On 2010-1-5, at 下午4:38, roshansn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to deploy servicemix 4 as a war file on an application server
> like
> JBOSS. Even servicemix 3 has a war file servicemix 4 doesnt have.
> Please
> tell me whether this is possible or not ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Repo

Freeman Fang
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com