Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 21:07:44 UTC

Re: Wasting Time !

Gents - my point of view on the cloudstack and the work arround it is the
folowing:

- Pretty lacking documentation
- Working on new fancy features - instead of making current features work
at all...
 - Few examples:
 -- new vxlan isolation method was introduced some release ago - default
MTU of 1450 is used - which makes need that every VM has lowered MTU
inside, in order to fucntion AT ALL !
 -- KVM full snapshots don't work
 -- GUI needs serious polishing, and I mean serious ! from sorting objects
by name or similar, to some bugs fix etc.
 -- Network throtling on only Public/Internet NIC of VPC/VR
 -- Usage server was HEAVILY broken, last time I got feedback from our
developer who is working on billing (at least ACS 4.3.0)
 -- etc,etc,etc..

I listed here just some of the issues I have reported, which have not been
adresses AT ALL - when I say addressed, that means I did not get even
replies.
(Again, it is not me here not geting replies, but potentially large number
of CS users that would benefit from the issues fixed.)

But we have time obviously to spend replying on Mohammeds provocation (I
say provocations since he is not replying to the thread) - instead of
polishing the product and making basic things work.

Again my 2 cents - just wanted to share my opinion on (un)completeness of
the product.
It's great for private use - but going public and trying to do business
with cloudstack is at the moment very painful - works, but is very painfull
and lacks some basic features.

My opinion is that we need products polished, instead of slamming on the
new fancy features, that nobody will use at the moment.

Again, any cloud product is VERY complex - a great mixture of different
technologies - so I understand it is not meant to be easy to operate and
develop.

Sorry for long post... I do my best to report bugs/imporvements and to make
critics, but other than that - not being adeveloper, can't really help that
much...

 -

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Wasting Time !

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
+1 on documentation.
Previous version was simply wrong and could have never been tested.
Bug report had been open for a year at that point.

I have not tried the latest version.
Are all of the documentation bugs fixed and tested?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President