Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lutz Mueller <lm...@combase.de> on 2003/05/15 11:12:47 UTC

right place to replace html-entities. ResponseUtil.filter()

hi,

what do you think would be the right place to replace special-characters in
dynamic content produced by struts-tags with their html-entities. i found
that the tags in the struts taglibraries pass their output through the
ResponseUtil.filter() method, which takes care of '<','>' and '&' but doesnt
touch Äs Ös and Üs for instance.my current solution ist to modify that
function to take care of all special characters, so i have one single point
of replacement in my app. but this leaves with a nonstandard struts.jar.
where do you do your filtering?

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Best Regards

Lutz Müller

COMBASE AG
Hohe Str. 74, D-01187 Dresden

Telefon   ++49 351 40500-0