Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2015/08/06 17:32:05 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1044202 [1/5] - in /ofbiz/trunk: applications/accounting/src/org/ofbiz/accounting/thirdparty/authorizedotnet / applications/accounting/src/org/ofbiz/accounting/thirdparty/securepay/ applications/content/src/org/ofbiz/content/webapp/ftl/ app...

Hi Adam,

 From svn doc I see no reasons to force svn:eol-style property as you did at r1044202 (see below)
As said at http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.props.file-portability.html svn:eol-style is only a working copy feature, for instance:

     |native|

        This causes the file to contain the EOL markers that are native to the operating system on which Subversion was run. In other words, if a user on
        a Windows machine checks out a working copy that contains a file with an |svn:eol-style| property set to |native|, that file will contain |CRLF|
        EOL markers. A Unix user checking out a working copy that contains the same file will see |LF| EOL markers in his copy of the file.

        Note that Subversion will actually store the file in the repository using normalized |LF| EOL markers regardless of the operating system. This is
        basically transparent to the user, though.

So your commit has not effect on the repo where all is LF EOL anyway, nor on people working copies when they use our svn config file as explained at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices "Install the OFBIZ Subversion client configuration file"
It seems though to have an impact on working copies produced by users not-aware-of/not-using our svn config file. So I think this commit just add
confusion

I don't think this depends on Subversion version used locally (above doc is for 1.7, I use 1.8.11)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
BTW we could maybe use http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#repos-dictated-config
http://blogs.collab.net/subversion/the-road-to-repository-dictated-configuration-day-2-autoprops

Then this problem would be over (no need to check from time to time that all Java files, and maybe others, have svn:eol-style=native property set
But this would imply that all OFBiz users use svn > 1.7

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.