Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com> on 2015/11/04 14:29:35 UTC

Docker Multi-Host Networking and Mesos Isolation Strategies

Hey all,

I see Docker 1.9 has a neat multihost networking feature.

http://blog.docker.com/2015/11/docker-multi-host-networking-ga/

I am curious how this may integrate (if at all) with the Network
Isolation/IP per container strategy Mesos is looking at.  Is there overlap
here? Are there integration points? Are we looking at divergent or
convergent network strategies here?

I would imagine while Docker multi-host is docker specific, Mesos is trying
to solve the any container on multiple hosts problem, and thus the scope
may be larger, but could there be opportunity for integration?  The reason
I ask, is as I am rolling out Mesos PoCs the dev team is excited about
these new features and I want to understand how these may or may not
converge in the future.

John

Re: Docker Multi-Host Networking and Mesos Isolation Strategies

Posted by John Omernik <jo...@omernik.com>.
I created a basic stub at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3828

Thanks!

John