Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by grimmy <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/11 15:47:28 UTC

SWT and FOP (Mac OS X) => AWT Thread issue

Hello,

I'm currently trying to embed FOP (0.95) in an SWT application. I'm working on
MacOS 10.5.5 with a JVM 1.5.0. I'm using SWT 3.4 to build my graphical interface.

The problem is that when I start the processing of the FO file, an AWT thread is
started, without my application knowing it. I'd like to avoid that, because I'd
rather avoid a call to System.exit() in order to stop my program.

In the documentation I read that such a thread could be started if an SVG file
was included and a JVM oledr than 1.4 was used. But I haven't got any file
included (for the moment I'm still discovering FOP with some elementary fo files)

(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/embedding.html#awt)

I simplified my program to it's maximum in order to call only FOP without any
User Interface. I can then observe the following: the AWT thread is only started
if SWT is in my class path, even tough it is not used. (I run my test in the
Eclipse environment)

Is there any known limitation that I should be aware of or is there a solution?

Many thank's,

Grimmy