Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu> on 2002/05/12 01:29:17 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

On 11 May 2002 brianp@apache.org wrote:

> brianp      02/05/11 16:24:29
>
>   Modified:    include  http_core.h
>                server   core.c
>                .        CHANGES
>   Log:
>   Added EnableMMAP directive to allow the server administrator to
>   prevent mmap of file buckets upon read.
>
>   +static const char *set_enable_mmap(cmd_parms *cmd, void *d_,
>   +                                   const char *arg)
>   +{

Why not just ap_set_flag_slot or whatever it's called?

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Sat, 11 May 2002, Brian Pane wrote:

> I guess ap_set_int_slot() plus AP_INIT_FLAG would work...
> but why do all the other on/off directives in the server
> not use that technique?  Are they just older than the
> set_int_slot/AP_INIT_FLAG API?

As far as I know, that's all it is.  Well, that and people forget to use
the convenience routines.  I don't see any reason not to use it in
this case... we should probably sweep though at some point and get
rid of other duplicate functions of this sort I suppose.  <shrug>

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
   Charlottesville, VA

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

Posted by Brian Pane <bp...@pacbell.net>.
Cliff Woolley wrote:

>On 11 May 2002 brianp@apache.org wrote:
>

>>brianp      02/05/11 16:24:29
>>
>>  Modified:    include  http_core.h
>>               server   core.c
>>               .        CHANGES
>>  Log:
>>  Added EnableMMAP directive to allow the server administrator to
>>  prevent mmap of file buckets upon read.
>>
>>  +static const char *set_enable_mmap(cmd_parms *cmd, void *d_,
>>  +                                   const char *arg)
>>  +{
>>

>Why not just ap_set_flag_slot or whatever it's called?

I guess ap_set_int_slot() plus AP_INIT_FLAG would work...
but why do all the other on/off directives in the server
not use that technique?  Are they just older than the
set_int_slot/AP_INIT_FLAG API?

--Brian