Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jason Ede <J....@birchenallhowden.co.uk> on 2011/07/13 17:06:22 UTC

Skipping header lines

I'm running 3.3.2 and I'd like to ignore the first received header as I receive the email on one postfix instance and then pass it along to another to do the scanning. So far all the emails are showing up as trusted as it sees the email as coming from 127.0.0.1

I'm guessing this is simple, but so far I'm missing it.

Regards,

Jason

Re: Skipping header lines

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.
On 07/13, Jason Ede wrote:
>    I’m running 3.3.2 and I’d like to ignore the first received header as I
>    receive the email on one postfix instance and then pass it along to

Oh, another possibility is that the first postfix instance is, for some
reason, inserting a header that SA is failing to parse (although more
common with Exim due to configurability).  I think "spamassassin -D"
will tell you if that's the case.  If you figure it out, please do let
us know about it.

--
"Whom God wishes to destroy, he first makes mad."
- Euripides (c.480 - 406 BC).

RE: Skipping header lines

Posted by Jason Ede <J....@birchenallhowden.co.uk>.

[]

I've internal_networks set to the correct IPs and it is a subset of trusted_networks (It is trusted_networks) but I'm still seeing this.

I've a clear_trusted_networks and clear_internal_networks line in the local.cf file before these to clean it out, but still no joy.

Jason

Re: Skipping header lines

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.

Re: Skipping header lines

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 2011-07-13 18:44, Jason Ede wrote:

> Can I get SA to be a bit more verbose about what it considers to be trusted networks?

and again.. that file is your friend:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt

add_header all

and in TEMPLATE TAGS pick whatevr suits your need:

      _RELAYSTRUSTED_   relays used and deemed to be trusted (see the
                        'X-Spam-Relays-Trusted' pseudo-header)
      _RELAYSUNTRUSTED_ relays used that can not be trusted (see the
                        'X-Spam-Relays-Untrusted' pseudo-header)
      _RELAYSINTERNAL_  relays used and deemed to be internal (see the
                        'X-Spam-Relays-Internal' pseudo-header)
      _RELAYSEXTERNAL_  relays used and deemed to be external (see the
                        'X-Spam-Relays-External' pseudo-header)
      _LASTEXTERNALIP_  IP address of client in the external-to-internal
                        SMTP handover
      _LASTEXTERNALRDNS_ reverse-DNS of client in the external-to-internal
                        SMTP handover
      _LASTEXTERNALHELO_ HELO string used by client in the
external-to-internal
                        SMTP handover

eg:
add_header all _RELAYSEXTERNAL_