Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Anders Janmyr <an...@jayway.com> on 2010/01/19 08:50:42 UTC

Continuous Integration Tool with Buildr support?

Hi,

I am planning to use Buildr in a project which will use Java and JRuby modules.
We are planning to use Hudson as an integration server, but I couldn't find any
support for Buildr with it.

I know I can just run it as a normal script, but I am still curious.

What CI do you guys use when building with Buildr?

Regards
Anders

--
http://anders.janmyr.com/

Re: Continuous Integration Tool with Buildr support?

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Yep.  And just to add to the list of known compatible CI systems, we've also
used buildr succesfully on Quickbuild/Luntbuild.  Same shell command story.

alex

Posted by Anders Janmyr <an...@jayway.com>.

Posted by Shane Witbeck <sh...@digitalsanctum.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Yes, I know for the shell command thingy. If the ant plugin doesn't help, no
need to get further down this route then.

Thanks!

Antoine

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Rhett Sutphin <rh...@detailedbalance.net>.
Hi Antoine,

On Jul 23, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Antoine Toulme wrote:

> I had a thought for this thread yesterday night. Back in January, it
> concluded that there was no need to have Buildr integrated with Hudson,
> since most people are good with shelling out to it.
>
> However, I recently worked with Hudson slaves, and there I must say
> integration is a game changer.
>
> Take Maven for example, you just need to give Hudson the version needed, and
> the slave will auto-install the right version of Maven, without any need for
> a shell access.
>
> This becomes a very solid argument when you have three or more slaves.
>
> Hudson is showing that a distributed architecture is the best fit, in
> particular when you have CI builds that compete for resources (ports,
> memory, database access, you name it).
>
> I believe in that context that Buildr would be much more competitive if
> wrapped as a Hudson plugin.

This is a good argument for a plugin.  Another thing that would need to be fixed for seamless automatic installs on slaves would be the required gem installer.

Rhett

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.

Posted by Anders Janmyr <an...@jayway.com>.