Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/19 01:46:21 UTC

JSF 2.0, UIComponent.getAttributes() change

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure what the JavaDoc for UIComponentBase.getAttributes
means. Can anyone shed some light on it for me please?

        /*
         * The get() method of the Map must take the following additional
action if this component instance is a
         * composite component instance (indicated by the presence of a
component attribute under the key given by
         * the value of Resource.COMPONENT_RESOURCE_KEY): If the result to
be returned from the get() method is a
         * ValueExpression, call the
ValueExpression.getValue(javax.el.ELContext) method and return the result
from
         * get(). Otherwise, return the actual value from the get() method.
         */

My problem is that the get method already evaluate ValueExpression... and
not just in the case of composite components... So I'm pretty much
dumbstruck about what's supposedly new about it.

Regards,

~ Simon

Re: JSF 2.0, UIComponent.getAttributes() change

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
I think I may have understood what that means, it seems the value
expression's value and/or the internal attribute can be a value expression
itself that needs to get evaluated.

~ Simon