Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Schrijver <ma...@mobillion.nl> on 2006/05/16 12:18:14 UTC

Always encode the url, regardless of cookie support

Hello all,

I have the following problem:

I'm developping a cocoon-site for use on mobile phones. We have one
operator from which we receive session cookies, regardless of the fact
that the phone being used doesn't support cookies. If the phone doesn;'t
support cookies, the wap-gateway just makes up a session cookie. This
results in the wap-site being very unresponsive, since I have to do all
kinds of computations / redirect the first time a user accesses the site
(and with a new session cookie received every time, the server thinks
it's a new user every time).

Is there a possibility to force the user of jsessionis=<session id>?
This would then solve my problem, since the actual session id being used
would be in the url, and I would be able to ignore the one in the
session cookie being received.

Mark Schrijver