Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Riano De Souza <Ri...@mrj.co.za> on 2020/04/23 14:14:23 UTC

Login Page customization.

Hi.

I have googled and tried and tried and cant seem to rebrand my guacamole login screen.

How do i do this? everytime i chage something and restart the container it wipes all my changes and everything is lost.

Please note I am a docker noob and this is my first time using docker and guacamole.

Please assist me in this regard.

Thanks

Kind regards,

Riano de Souza
MRJ Consultants

Tel : 012 654 0300/654 3653 or 012 941 8515 (voip) P.O. Box 77794       37 Weavind Ave.
Fax      086 609 3988                                                    Eldoraigne             Eldoraigne
Cell :    082 2252 748                                                    0171                       Centurion
Email: Riano.desouza@mrj.co.za<ma...@mrj.co.za>
Website: www.mrjconsultants.com<http://www.mrjconsultants.com/>; www.genesis-software.co.za<http://www.genesis-software.co.za/>
[cid:image001.png@01D6198A.40F5A530][genesislogo]
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail!

DISCLAIMER:
This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MRJ Consultants CC. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify MRJ Consultants CC. - by telephone on  012 658 0546, or by return E-mail. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for damage caused by viruses or any other content contained in this message. MRJ Consultants is not responsible for any customer data loss as a result of any Malware (including Ransomware) attack or repair/maintenance procedure.  Client Data backup responsibility lies with the Client and is in many cases the only protection against malware attacks. MRJ Consultants will not seek permission from client when replacing HW or OS reloads which leads to Data loss or Damage. All accessories must be verified by the Client on the Job card when booking item into MRJ Consultants workshop. All quotations will be sent to clients and pending repair, re-quotations; if necessary, will be sent when any further faults are diagnosed after the original quoted part has been replaced. Repaired items or declared irreparable items, must be collected within 7 days of notification.

Re: Login Page customization.

Posted by Sebastian Männling <se...@qubestack.org>.
regarding the documentation: https://guacamole.apache.org/doc/gug/guacamole-docker.html#guacamole-docker-guacamole-home

something like this should do the trick (if i understand your problem correctly)

e.g.:
```
podman run -ti --rm -v /tmp/branding.jar:/tmp/extensions/branding.jar:rw,Z -e GUACAMOLE_HOME=/tmp/ ... -p 8080:8080 guacamole/guacamole
```
the GUACAMOLE_HOME env variable needs to point to a directory with the correct structure, in this case the extensions directory needs to be present, with the jar file inside...

the jar file is from here: https://github.com/Zer0CoolX/guacamole-customize-loginscreen-extension (maybe this 'enough customization' for you...)

On Thursday, April 23, 2020 17:06 CEST, Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org> wrote:
 On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 10:50 AM Riano De Souza <Ri...@mrj.co.za> wrote:
Cool so I got the extention template and so on. But where is the extentions folder located?

And wont it just get overwritten when the container gets reloaded?
  You'll probably have to modify the startup script for the container to pull in the custom branding extension prior to starting Tomcat.  My Docker skills are not all that complete, so I can't tell you without some trial-and-error exactly how you'd accomplish that, but I know that you can specify custom startup commands for containers after you deploy them, so I'd guess you just want to make sure you deploy that extension every time.  Also, I believe the extension would only be overwritten if you reload the container from the original image - I would think it would persist between starts and stops.  I could be wrong about that, though - like I said, my Docker familiarity is a bit sketchy.  Maybe others on the list can offer their experiences and advice :-). -Nick

AW: Login Page customization.

Posted by Joachim Lindenberg <jo...@lindenberg.one>.
In my Dockerfile I am using the following:

FROM guacamole/guacamole:1.0.0

ADD https://software.lindenberg.one/backup/downloads/guacamole-lindenberg-backup-1.0.0.jar /etc/guacamole/extensions/

COPY guacamole.properties /etc/guacamole/

The disadvantage is that I need to rebuild for any configuration change. I did that already with pre 1.0 and ignoring https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GUACAMOLE-464 . You may want to prefer environment variables.

I was also considering to just map /etc/guacamole/extensions/ to a host directory, as then multiple extensions (in particular versions of my own during development) would not multiply the number of docker images, but that kind of requires a contract from Guacamole team that there is never a “standard extension” or similar in that location by default.

Best Regards,
Joachim

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Riano De Souza <Ri...@mrj.co.za>.