Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Harini Raghavan <ha...@insideview.com> on 2006/01/09 19:36:53 UTC

Lock obtain timed out + IndexSearcher

Hi All,

All of a sudden I have started getting LockTimeOut exception while
searching the index. There is no write.lock file in the index directory,
so why should this issue come while searching? I tried to delete the
index directory and restarted the server, but still no luck. What could
be wrong?

java.io.IOException: Lock obtain timed out:
Lock@C:\DOCUME~1\harini\LOCALS~1\Temp\lucene-1b92bc
48efc5c13ac4ef4ad9fd17c158-commit.lock
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:58)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:108)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:111)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:106)
        at
org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:43)
        at
lucene.LuceneManager.refreshIndexSearcherInstance(LuceneManager.java:50)

-Harini

Re: Lock obtain timed out + IndexSearcher

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Lock files aren't contained in the index directory, but in the
standard temp directory.
remove the file referenced in the exception:
C:\DOCUME~1\harini\LOCALS~1\Temp\lucene-1b92bc48efc5c13ac4ef4ad9fd17c158-commit.lock

-Yonik

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Probably a stale lock - remove it.
Otis