Posted to axkit-dev@xml.apache.org by Matthew Smith <gr...@gil.com.au> on 2003/08/14 13:42:37 UTC

PerForm Patch

This patch simplifies use of PerForm within SSL.  I had the problem that
when I did a simple redirect (relative path) from my PerForm XSP, it
would try to redirect to http instead of https.  I noticed that webutils
has a 'secure' param already so I made the 'submit' and 'cancel' subs in
perform return a 'secure' flag as well as the redirect path.  The fix is
backward compatible if the secure flag is missing, behaviour is as before.

Re: PerForm Patch

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
FWIW I deal with this by only running http on my axkit servers and
proxying from a mod_proxy server that runs SSL. Then PerForm works
perfectly with SSL :-)

I'll think carefully before applying this though. It's not 100%
compatible with everything in PerForm (for example the "goto"
attribute).