Posted to user@pig.apache.org by hc busy <hc...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/21 23:52:33 UTC

Is there a workaround to "Projection map of new predecessor is null" ??

Hi guys, I wanted to check if anybody has fixed this error and recall how to
fix it?

2010-09-21 14:43:46,288 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 2160: Error during fixing projections. Projection map of new
predecessor is null.

I'm running a big pig file being developed by half a dozen people and I got
the short straw by being the last one checking in. Is there an obvious fix
to this problem or do I need to dig up a copy of pig source code?

Thnx!!!

Re: Is there a workaround to "Projection map of new predecessor is null" ??

Posted by Ashutosh Chauhan <ha...@apache.org>.
Hey hc,

It will be great if you can create a jira and upload a pig script
reproducing the issue. We should investigate if we can produce better
error messages so that users can debug their script faster in such
cases.

Ashutosh

Posted by hc busy <hc...@gmail.com>.