Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arion <ar...@talentinfo.com.hk> on 2000/04/20 05:12:18 UTC

CONTEXT Path problem, please help

Hi!

I have installed Apache and Tomcat on Linux. I have a site with
struture:

http://localhost/myapp/images/

for storing image, and

http://localhost/myapp/servlet/

to access servlets in WEB-INF.

I found that all the request to images are handled by Tomcat which I
have thought Apache herself should able to handle it properly. How can I
not letting Apache not to pass the request for the images directory to
tomcat? Or I must redefine the structure, like changing myapp for
servlet to myapps, in order to do this?

# apache/conf/httpd.conf #
Alias /myapp/ "/myapp/"
ApJServMount /myapp /myapp

# tomcat/conf/servet.xml #
<Context path="/myapp" docBase"/myapp" debug=0 reloadable="true">
</Context>

Thanks

Arion.

Re: CONTEXT Path problem, please help

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Arion wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed Apache and Tomcat on Linux. I have a site with
> struture:
>
> http://localhost/myapp/images/
>
> for storing image, and
>
> http://localhost/myapp/servlet/
>
> to access servlets in WEB-INF.
>
> I found that all the request to images are handled by Tomcat which I
> have thought Apache herself should able to handle it properly. How can I
> not letting Apache not to pass the request for the images directory to
> tomcat? Or I must redefine the structure, like changing myapp for
> servlet to myapps, in order to do this?

There are some notes in the User's Guide about how to set up things like
this.  It's in file "doc/uguide/tomcat_ug.html", or available online from
the Tomcat subproject page at:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat

Craig McClanahan