Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Jorge Ortiz Claver <jo...@tirea.es> on 2005/07/06 10:42:26 UTC

XML DSIG schema validation performance

Hi,

I have a XML DSIG enveloping document I need to validate against its schema.

I´m using Apache Xerces 2.6.2 for schema validation (full schema
validation). Everything works fine but process takes about 10 seconds.
Using the same class with other XML documents (even using very complex
schemas like UBL standards), validation never takes more than 2 or 3
seconds (start JVM, locate class, create parser, open file, etc.).

Has anyone any experience validating this type of documents? I´d really
appreciate any advice or idea.

Thanks in advance
Jorge Ortiz

Re: XML DSIG schema validation performance

Posted by Matej Kafadar <ma...@setcce.org>.
As I see, the XML document has reference to schema which is on internet
"xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2000/09/xmldsig#
xmldsig-core-schema.xsd".
Maybe this is problem.

regards

Matej

Re: [xml-dev] XML DSIG schema validation performance

Posted by Jorge Ortiz Claver <jo...@tirea.es>.
Problem is I can´t use anyother thing but Java.

Is there anyway with Xerces of doing something similiar to that schema
cache stuff Henry talked about in his mail?

Thanks again
Jorge

Posted by Jorge Ortiz Claver <jo...@tirea.es>.
Yes, I don't have any kind of entity resolver. My first thought was the
same but I checked the schema and there was no reference to an external
location. Anyway, I'll try to install my own entity resolver.

Thanks,
Jorge

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.