Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Fabrice Triboix <fa...@armedia.com> on 2021/03/09 12:41:26 UTC

Resources for running ActiveMQ in a cluster as Docker containers

Hi all,

I am looking for resources about running ActiveMQ in Docker containers. I want the ActiveMQ brokers to be run as a cluster.

I haven't been able to find some good resources on this, not even an official ActiveMQ Docker image...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Re: Resources for running ActiveMQ in a cluster as Docker containers

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hello Fabrice-

Work is underway on this feature— follow this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-8149 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-8149>

Currently, we are targeting the 5.17.0 updates (JDK 11 support) for the first SNAPSHOT build

Thanks!
Matt Pavlovich

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

We already have Dockerfile ready if you wana take a look.

We will add Dockerfile in the main repo, you will have to provide activemq.xml via env variable to setup your cluster.

I guess you mean NetworkOfBrokers when you say cluster, right ?
If yes, the discovery can be discussed depending where your docker containers are running.

Regards
JB