Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/23 12:10:55 UTC

Stanbol Documentation update

Hi all

In the last few days I have added documentation for a lot of recently
added Features:

## Apache Marmotta - Stanbol Entityhub integration

* [1] describes how to configure a Apache Marmotta KiWi Repository as
OSGI service
* [2] shows how to use the KiWi Triplestore for Entityhub Managed Sites

This integration allows now to use Apache Marmotta to manage your RDF
data (e.g. via the LDP - Linked Data Platform - implementation and or
the SPARQL 1.1). The Apache Entityhub can now directly access those
data by configuring [1] and [2] for the same database as used by
Marmotta.

The resulting Entityhub Site can than be used in combination with the
Entityhub Dereference Engine [4]

## Entity Dereference Engine(s)

* [3] describes the core Entity Dereference module. This module
provides the base for implementing actual Entity Dereference Engines
for different technologies & services
* The Entityhub Dereference Engine [4] is such an implementation for
the Entityhub

Entity Dereferencing functionality of the different EntityLinking
engines is deprecated since 0.12.0 and soon be removed from trunk
(1.0.0-SNAPSHOT). So if you currently use the EntltyLinking engines
(EntityhubLinking or FST Linking) please have a look at [4] and change
your configurations accordingly.

## Enhancement Properties

Enhancement Properties [5] allow to parameterize Enhancement Chains
and Enhancement Requests.

Chain scoped properties can be configured for the ListChain[6],
WeightedChain[7] as well as the GraphChain[8]. Request scoped
properties are parsed as query parameters to enhancement requests.

Currently only the EntityhubDereferenceEngine supports Enhancement
Properties. But support will be extended. You can track the progress
by the epic STANBOL-1343 [9]

All the mentioned features will be part of the upcoming 0.12.1
release. They are also available trunk users (1.0.0-SNAPSHOT).

best
Rupert

[1] http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/utils/marmotta-kiwi-repository-service
[2] http://stanbol.apache.org/docs/trunk/components/entityhub/managedsite#configuration-of-a-sesame-yard-site