Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/06/08 14:47:59 UTC

Common Layout and appropriate CSS (missing?)

Hi

It seems to me that the CSS

/lenya/css/default.css

is currently missing from the distribution:

http://demo.wyona.org/lenya/css/default.css
http://demo.wyona.org/lenya/oscom/introduction.html
http://demo.wyona.org/lenya/index.html

Thanks

Michael

Re: Common Layout and appropriate CSS (missing?)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Robert Koberg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There are no problems with "-" in xsl params (or variables, template names,
> etc..).

IMHO the problem is not at all about the XSLT processor (it always
worked with hyphens when I used it), but the parameter passing from
the sitemap to the stylesheet.

I experienced this problem several times, but I never found out
the reasons.

Andreas

Re: Common Layout and appropriate CSS (missing?)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>it worked for sure.
>
>http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/concepts/static-resources.html
>
>i guess someone broke it (and presumably, the serving of all static
>resources).

Can you take a look at it? I guess you remember best how it was supposed
to work ;-)

Smells like more tests!

Thanks

Michael

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
it worked for sure.

Visual Sitemap Debugger WAS: Re: Common Layout and appropriate CSS (missing?)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>> A visual sitemap debugger would really help  ;-) I thought there is
>> something out there ...
>

> That sounds interesting ...
> Can you remember something to feed in Google? :)

not really. But actually it should be quite simple. Give every pipeline
an ID and log it during processing. Then analyze the log file and
visualize it.

What do you think?

Thanks

Michael

> I only found a flow debugger:
> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/howto/howto-flow-debugger.html
>
> Andreas
>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> To me it  seems that it actually can't work, because there doesn't
>>> seem to be any pipeline
>>> which would be able to deliver /lenya/css/default.css.
>>>
>>> I guess the reason that it works on Andreas' computer might be
>>> because of a caching "problem".
>>>
>>> It seems to me that the prefix "css" was interpreted as a publication
>>> prefix and therefore can't work.
>>> Well, I have added a pipeline to the top level sitemap and now it
>>> seems to work.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Michael

Michael Wechner
Wyona Ltd.  -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya

Re: Common Layout and appropriate CSS (missing?)

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:

> I just realized another problem now seems to be the Lenya logo in the
> right upper corner ....
>
> It seems to me that the whole generic resource pipeline has a bit of a
> problem.

Yes, we have to add the area wildcard to the match patterns.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
Hi

> To me it  seems that it actually can't work, because there doesn't seem
> to be any pipeline
> which would be able to deliver /lenya/css/default.css.

It seems to be that the following pipeline is calling the ressource:

 <!-- Lenya GUI -->
 <map:match pattern="lenya/**">
   <map:mount uri-prefix="lenya" src="lenya/lenya.xmap" check-reload="true"
     reload-method="synchron"/>
 </map:match>

Within the lenya.xmap theres is a pipeline delivering default.css.
By the way the request
http://localhost:8080/lenya/lenya/css/default.css delivers the css.

> I guess the reason that it works on Andreas' computer might be because
> of a caching "problem".

At least for my setup:
  SuSE Linux 8.0
  java version "1.4.1_02"
  Tomcat/4.1.24-LE-jdk14

it seems that the hypen within the parameter name is really the problem.
Ater changing context-prefix to contextprefix within the main sitemap

   <map:resource name="style-cms-page">
      <map:transform src="lenya/xslt/util/page2xhtml.xsl">
        <map:parameter name="contextprefix"
value="{request:contextPath}"/>
      </map:transform>
      <map:serialize/>
    </map:resource>

and within the stylesheet lenya/xslt/util/page2xhtml.xsl it worked correctly
i.e. the layout is ok. I also tried other name including a hypen as
test-test and again the css is not found, i.e the parameter is empty.

Jann

Re: Common Layout and appropriate CSS (missing?)

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> To me it  seems that it actually can't work, because there doesn't
>> seem to be any pipeline
>> which would be able to deliver /lenya/css/default.css.
>

> Which is absolutely correct, as the file /lenya/css/default.css should
> never be requested.
>
> It has to be /lenya/lenya/css/default.css. The first /lenya (the context
> prefix) was passed as a parameter from the sitemap to the stylesheet but
> got lost. So the URI was wrong, not the delivering of the CSS file.

ok, got it :-)

Thanks very much

Michael

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
Hi,

There are no problems with "-" in xsl params (or variables, template names,
etc..).

I do remember a long time ago there was a problem in XSLTC(and Resin's
compiled XSLT) that used the same name in the generated java code and
obviously you cannot have a java (or javascript) variable like 'my-var'

I haven't used XSLTC for a while, so I don't know if the bug has been
reintroduced??

That being said, I standardized on using underscores instead of
dashes/minus-signs because of java/javascript code generation issues.

Best,
-Rob

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

[...]

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:

> Hi
>
> I had similar problem on Friday. I made a cvs update some days ago. After
> that the appropriate css (default.css) for the site
> http://localhost:8080/lenya
> was missing. The same was true for all publication sites e.g.
> http://zilnxgc.unizh.ch:8080/lenya/default/introduction.html
>
> The problem was the parameter context-prefix defined within the resource
> section of the main sitemap. I was trying to print out its value within
> the xslt but the parameter has no value i.e. the prefix was missing. I tried
> this and that but after changing the parameter name to contextprefix the
> layout was correct again (i.e. the css was found). However, I did not know
> the reason for that yet!

This is very strange. Actually, the correct parameter name is
context-prefix:

<map:transform src="lenya/xslt/util/page2xhtml.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="context-prefix"
            value="{request:contextPath}"/>
</map:transform>

<xsl:param name="context-prefix"/>

The correct URI for the CSS is
{context-prefix}/lenya/css/default.css,
i.e. usually /lenya/lenya/css/default.css.

It runs on my machine, even with a clean checkout.
Maybe someone who experiences the problem can try to trace it?

Andreas

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
Hi