Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Patrick Wiener <pa...@web.de> on 2015/01/08 15:57:24 UTC

Storm + Image Processing

Hi,

I got a question concerning the use of Storm for Image Processing tasks.

My goal is to feed a base64-encoded (grayscale) image into storm.  Then split it up in chunks and distribute it into cluster in order to detect if the avg. pixel values of a specific chunk is above a certain threshold. Ultimately the chunks avg. values are compared to evaluate which areas of the image are the darkest. Thats going to be my point of interest or area of interest as shown in the picture below.

Does anyone has some experience on image processing with Storm in general? I know that Flickr is doing some real-time classification in combination with hadoop (http://de.slideshare.net/ydn/flickr-computer-vision-at-scale-with-hadoop-and-storm-huy-nguyen <http://de.slideshare.net/ydn/flickr-computer-vision-at-scale-with-hadoop-and-storm-huy-nguyen>)

Thanks for every answer!