Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nick Broadhurst <ho...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/08 05:49:39 UTC

Rtf Templating

Hi Folks,

A client provided me with a bunch of documents to serve up to users through
the browser with fields populated from DB, some PDFs and some RTF/Word docs.
I have the PDFs handled beautifully with iText, but was wondering if they
are any options (open-source) for the RTF/Word docs? I found these:

jRTF (small inde project): http://code.google.com/p/jrtf/

and

Apache POI: http://poi.apache.org/

<http://code.google.com/p/jrtf/>and wondered if anyone has used these or
anything like them before I start down the rabbit hole!

Nick

Re: Rtf Templating

Posted by Angelo zerr <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

I don't know the complexity of your report you want manage, but there is
http://rtftemplate.sourceforge.net/
With RTFTemplate you can create your model with MS Word and use Velocity
syntax with MERGEFIELD to set your field name.
RTFTemplate provides a macro
http://rtftemplate.sourceforge.net/userguide/design-rtfmodel/msword.htmlwhich
give you a dialog page with your fields model.

The only problem with RTFTemplate is that I have not time to support it (but
it's very stable). I'm developping a new project which will support docx and
odt files with Freemarker and Velocity.
If you wish more information, I could tell you more.

Regards Angelo

Re: Rtf Templating

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.