Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Suzanne Dirkers <di...@us.ibm.com> on 2003/02/20 17:46:35 UTC

ICUBridge

   If one is building with ICU, does one also have to compile the ICUBridge
directory, and is this signalled to be built by exporting XALAN_USE_ICU=1
 when you do your gmake?

    If , since I want to build with ICU, I do have to still compile the
ICUBridge directory ( maybe this directory is only for people who want to
use number formatting of ICU but not the whole thing??),  then what am I
doing wrong, because I am getting the following errors on
ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctor Impl.cpp:

     c++ -DNO_NATIVE_BOOL -DXALAN_USE_ICU -DXALAN_OLD_STREAM_HEADERS
-DNDEBUG
-Wc,dll -W0,"langlvl(extended),float(ieee),targ(osv2r8)" -DOS390
-D_OPEN_THREADS
 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED  -I/stlport/stlport -DXALAN_USE_ICU -c -I/
icubld/include/ -I. -I/xerces/src/ -I/xerces/include
/xercesc -I/u/sz/xerces/include/  -o /xalan/c/obj/ICUBridgeCollat
ionCompareFunctorImpl.o ICUBridge/ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl.cpp
"./ICUBridge/ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl.cpp", line 439.27:
CBC1055(S)
"const ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl::CollatorCacheListType" cannot
be co
nverted to "ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl::CollatorCacheListType*".
"./ICUBridge/ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl.cpp", line 492.27:
CBC1055(S)
"const ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl::CollatorCacheListType" cannot
be co
nverted to "ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunctorImpl::CollatorCacheListType*".
"/stlport/stlport/stl/_construct.h", line 53.74: CBC1252(W) The destru
ctor for "NodeSorter::VectorEntry" does not exist. The call is ignored.
CBC1793(I) Compilation failed for file
./ICUBridge/ICUBridgeCollationCompareFunc
torImpl.cpp.  Object file not created.
FSUM3065 The COMPILE step ended with return code 12.

  I notice these lines are 'casted' if you defined XALAN_NO_MUTABLE but I
have no idea what that really means or might really do, and this might
solve the problem, but *should* it be solved that way?

Thanks,
Suzane

Re: ICUBridge

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Suzanne,

If you're building in ICU support, you define XALAN_USE_ICU and then define
ICUROOT to point to where you installed the ICU.  This should be explained
in the documentation.

It looks like you've uncovered a bug in the code.  You should modify your
local sources, and change the two casts from using * to using &:

   (CollatorCacheListType*)m_collatorCache;

becomes:

   (CollatorCacheListType&)m_collatorCache;

I've checked a fix into CVS.

Dave

                      Suzanne Dirkers
                      <dirkers@us.ibm.         To:      xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
                      com>                     cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: ICUBridge
                      02/20/2003 08:46
                      AM
                      Please respond