Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net> on 2014/01/28 10:59:55 UTC

IOUtil.contentEqualsIgnoreEOL ?

Hi all,

I created ARCHETYPE-456 yesterday for m-archetype-p to support comparing
directories for integration-testing ignoring the EOL/newline encoding [1].
Currently, I put that code directory in the plugin. But I guess it'd better
be placed alongside already existing IOUtil.contentEquals() method?

I can create the associated JIRA and patch if seen as useful. But I'd like
to check here before this wouldn't be seen as the wrong choice. This will
prevent me from preparing a svn patch if this is gonna be rejected anyway
:-).

Btw, interestingly, this "contentEqualsIgnoreEOL" already exists in Apache
commons-io [1].

Thanks

Cheers

[1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-456
[2] http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-io/apidocs/org/apache/commons/io/IOUtils.html#contentEqualsIgnoreEOL(java.io.Reader,
java.io.Reader)

--
Baptiste

Re: IOUtil.contentEqualsIgnoreEOL ?

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <bm...@batmat.net>.
Interesting, so I guess the long-term plan about custom deps is still
something to discuss ;-).
Anyway, if anyone wants cares about that jira some day, I'll be happy to
rewrite the patch as adviced if deemed necessary.

Baptiste

> How about org.codehaus.plexus.util.StringUtils#unifyLineSeparators(String)
> ?
>
> We're already using plexus-utils, so that saves us another dependency :)
>
> Robert
>
> Op Wed, 05 Feb 2014 22:07:51 +0100 schreef Barrie Treloar <
> baerrach@gmail.com>:
>

>  On 6 February 2014 06:45, Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone?
>>> I suppose I have my answer, I'll leave the current patch as-is :-)
>>>

>> Isn't the long term plan to drop anything custom and use existing code?
>> If its already in commons-io just use that instead.

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: IOUtil.contentEqualsIgnoreEOL ?

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net>.
Anyone?

2014-01-28 Baptiste Mathus <ml...@batmat.net>:

> Hi all,
>
> I created ARCHETYPE-456 yesterday for m-archetype-p to support comparing
> directories for integration-testing ignoring the EOL/newline encoding [1].
> Currently, I put that code directory in the plugin. But I guess it'd
> better be placed alongside already existing IOUtil.contentEquals() method?
>
> I can create the associated JIRA and patch if seen as useful. But I'd like
> to check here before this wouldn't be seen as the wrong choice. This will
> prevent me from preparing a svn patch if this is gonna be rejected anyway
> :-).
>
> Btw, interestingly, this "contentEqualsIgnoreEOL" already exists in Apache
> commons-io [1].
>
> Thanks
>
> Cheers
>
> [1] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/ARCHETYPE-456