Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com> on 2009/05/13 09:44:54 UTC

ScaleCamp: get together the night before Hadoop Summit

Hi All,

We are planing a community event the night before the Hadoop Summit.
This "BarCamp" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp) event will be
held at the same venue as the Summit (Santa Clara Marriott).
Refreshments will be served to encourage socializing.

To initialize conversations for the social part of the evening we are
offering people the opportunity to present an experience report of
their project (within a 15 min presentation).
We have 12 slots in 3 parallel tracks max. The focus should be on
projects leveraging technologies from the Hadoop eco-system.

Please join us and mingle with the rest of the Hadoop community.

To find out more about this event and signup please visit :
http://www.scaleunlimited.com/events/scale_camp

Please submit your presentation here:
http://www.scaleunlimited.com/about-us/contact

Stefan
P.S. Please spread the word!
P.P.S Apologies for the cross posting.

Re: ScaleCamp: get together the night before Hadoop Summit

Posted by Yiping Han <yh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
BTW, do we have free admission or discount to Hadoop Summit for us Yahoo's?

--Yiping

On 5/14/09 9:12 AM, "Alan Gates" <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>
>> Date: May 13, 2009 12:44:54 AM PDT
>> To: Hadoop Core User List <co...@hadoop.apache.org>, cascading-
>> user <ca...@googlegroups.com>, <zookeeper-user@lists.sourceforge.net
>>> , <ge...@lucene.apache.org>, <katta-
>> developer@lists.sourceforge.net>, <hb...@hadoop.apache.org>
>> Subject: ScaleCamp: get together the night before Hadoop Summit
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We are planing a community event the night before the Hadoop Summit.
>> This "BarCamp" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp) event will be
>> held at the same venue as the Summit (Santa Clara Marriott).
>> Refreshments will be served to encourage socializing.
>>
>> To initialize conversations for the social part of the evening we
>> are offering people the opportunity to present an experience report
>> of their project (within a 15 min presentation).
>> We have 12 slots in 3 parallel tracks max. The focus should be on
>> projects leveraging technologies from the Hadoop eco-system.
>>
>> Please join us and mingle with the rest of the Hadoop community.
>>
>> To find out more about this event and signup please visit :
>> http://www.scaleunlimited.com/events/scale_camp
>>
>> Please submit your presentation here:
>> http://www.scaleunlimited.com/about-us/contact
>>

>> Stefan
>> P.S. Please spread the word!
>> P.P.S Apologies for the cross posting.

----------------------
Yiping Han
2MC 8127
2811 Mission College Blvd.,
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408)349-4403
yhan@yahoo-inc.com

Fwd: ScaleCamp: get together the night before Hadoop Summit

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
FYI

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Stefan Groschupf <sg...@101tec.com>
> Date: May 13, 2009 3:44:54 AM EDT
> To: Hadoop Core User List <co...@hadoop.apache.org>, cascading-
> user <ca...@googlegroups.com>, zookeeper-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> , general@lucene.apache.org, katta-developer@lists.sourceforge.net, hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
> Subject: ScaleCamp: get together the night before Hadoop Summit
>
> Hi All,
>
> We are planing a community event the night before the Hadoop Summit.
> This "BarCamp" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BarCamp) event will be
> held at the same venue as the Summit (Santa Clara Marriott).
> Refreshments will be served to encourage socializing.
>
> To initialize conversations for the social part of the evening we
> are offering people the opportunity to present an experience report
> of their project (within a 15 min presentation).
> We have 12 slots in 3 parallel tracks max. The focus should be on
> projects leveraging technologies from the Hadoop eco-system.
>
> Please join us and mingle with the rest of the Hadoop community.
>
> To find out more about this event and signup please visit :
> http://www.scaleunlimited.com/events/scale_camp
>
> Please submit your presentation here:
> http://www.scaleunlimited.com/about-us/contact
>

> Stefan