Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by "Purdy, Richard" <ri...@acision.com> on 2009/10/30 18:06:23 UTC

Formal Release Criteria / Progress

   I am looking for information regarding upcoming formal releases of Thrift. I understand from the Incubator status pages and the mailing list archives that a formal release is being worked on and release candidates are being considered, but I am looking for some additional information:

   1) What criteria will be used to decide when the software is ready to be formally released?
   2) Is the current development focused mainly on bug fixes or also on new features and interface changes? (From what I saw briefly in the dev archives, it looks like a bit of both.)
   3) Is there a rough timeline as to when a formal release might be expected?
   4) If a formal release occurs, will Thrift be ready to exit the Apache Incubator?

   Any information on any of these questions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Richard Purdy