Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Segal <Ro...@cryptologic.com> on 2007/04/30 22:06:57 UTC

Redirecting URL request to Tomcat to folder containing Cruise Control

I have Cruise Control setup to run my machine and am able to access it
through Tomcat using...

  http://localhost:8080/cruisecontrol/

I would like to be able to access this same URL using the format...

  http://localhost:8080/standard/

Is this possible under Tomcat?  And if so how might I go about doing
something like this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Robert Segal
Tools Developer
CryptoLogic Inc.
55 St. Clair Ave W., 3rd Floor
Toronto, Ontario
Canada  M4V 2Y7
tel.  + 1.416.545.1455 x5896
fax. + 1.416.545.1454

This message, including any attachments, is confidential and/or
privileged and contains information intended only for the person(s)
named above. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and
permanently delete the original transmission from all of your systems
and hard drives, including any attachments, without making a copy.

Re: Redirecting URL request to Tomcat to folder containing Cruise Control

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

On 4/30/07, Robert Segal <Ro...@cryptologic.com> wrote:
> I have Cruise Control setup to run my machine and am able to access it
> through Tomcat using...
>
>  http://localhost:8080/cruisecontrol/
>
> I would like to be able to access this same URL using the format...
>
>  http://localhost:8080/standard/

This is known as URL Rewriting and can be accomplished with a Filter.

Searching on the keywords "URL Rewrite Filter" will show a few
pre-written packages or you could write your own Filter.

> Is this possible under Tomcat?  And if so how might I go about doing
> something like this?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
>

> Robert Segal

Hope this helps.
-Regards
Rashmi

How to replicate session in Tomcat cluster using shared database?

Posted by "Wang, Ningjun (LNG-NPV)" <ni...@lexisnexis.com>.
Hello:

We plan to use Tomcat 5 cluster and want to replicate session using
shared Database. The article
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/cluster-howto.html does not
describe how to replicate session using a shared database (JDBCManager).
Can anybody tell me how to do that? Example server.xml will be greatly
appreciated.

Ningjun Wang

Re: Redirecting URL request to Tomcat to folder containing Cruise Control

Posted by Rashmi Rubdi <ra...@gmail.com>.
However, from the subject of your e-mail it appears that you want to
do a Redirect from http://localhost:8080/standard/  to
http://localhost:8080/cruisecontrol/
which is easy to accomplish.

within a JSP Scriptlet:
<%response.sendRedirect("/cruisecontrol/"); %>

with JSP/JSTL
c:redirect tag

within a Servlet:
response.sendRedirect("/cruisecontrol/");

The above redirects with HTTP 302

I guess thats what you're looking for.

Regards
-Rashmi