Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jakob Praher <jp...@yahoo.de> on 2003/02/13 20:34:17 UTC

[BETWIXT][patch] SAXBeanWriter

** this is just a resend, since I got no response, perhaps adding
the project in the subject will help .. **

hi all,

I am using SAXBeanWriter in a Cocoon Environment.
for this I had to patch the SAXBeanWriter to do the following:

I)

startElement( "", qname, qname , atts ) instead of
startElement( "", "", qname, atts )

-> the same for endElement

this behaviour is the "default", looked in examples and books for sax
nodes that have no namespace.
plus the SAXTransformer used in cocoon doesn't accept the original style
(simple didn't display it )

II)

optionalized the calls to startDocument( ) endDocument( ), which are
called in start(), end( ).

add a constructor element, the default behaviour is backward
compatiblity.

reason: frequently, in generators, you don't have control over the whole
document ( this violates xml ioc ;-) )

attached you find a patch against CVS 1.6 version.

thanks

-- Jakob

Re: [BETWIXT][patch] SAXBeanWriter

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi jacob

i think my reply and your reposted crossed in transit. if you missed it (i
changed the subject) it's in the archives:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=104516486803306&w=2

- robert