Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Matt Cheah <mc...@palantir.com> on 2015/12/04 02:27:40 UTC

Quick question regarding Maven and Spark Assembly jar

Hi everyone,

A very brief question out of curiosity ­ is there any particular reason why
we don¹t publish the Spark assembly jar on the Maven repository?

Thanks,

-Matt Cheah

Re: Quick question regarding Maven and Spark Assembly jar

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
I think one problem is that the assembly by nature includes a bunch of
particular versions of dependencies. Only one can be published, but,
it would be unlikely to be the right flavor of assembly for any given
user.

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.
Try to read this before Marcelo gets to you.