Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com> on 2014/03/20 19:21:12 UTC

Creating new stacks and services....target 1.4.x or 1.5?

Hey all,

We'd like to create a custom stack and scripts for managing components.
>From my initial searching, I see support for both puppet and python right
now in the 1.5 branch, and 1.4.x is purely puppet. So, I have the following
questions:

1) Does this reflect a movement away from puppet in the future, like in
1.6.x?
2) How mature will the python support be once 1.5 is released?
3) What is the expected release date of 1.5?
4) Will I continue to be able to deploy HDP 1.3.x and 2.0.x using Ambari
1.5?

Since we're just starting out, I'd like to make sure we're moving in a
direction that will be supported for quite some time. And personally I'd
rather use python rather than puppet. Can someone shed some light on the
direction so I can make an informed decision for my code?

Thanks,
-Chris

Re: Creating new stacks and services....target 1.4.x or 1.5?

Posted by Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>.
Thanks for the input Erin and Sumit, looks like I'll try the python route.

Thanks!
-Chris

Posted by Chris Mildebrandt <ch...@woodenrhino.com>.

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Creating new stacks and services....target 1.4.x or 1.5?

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Creating new stacks and services....target 1.4.x or 1.5?