Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joseph Bauer <jb...@denalisoft.com> on 2005/10/21 01:25:35 UTC

removing files listed in the editor on a commit have no effect on files commited

Please confirm whether this is already being tracked or let me know if I
need to log the issue.

when checking in a number of files via:

svn commit

the editor comes up with the list:

--This line, and those below, will be ignored--

A commit_file1

M commit_file2

M dont_commit_me

add message and edit the list

my message here

--This line, and those below, will be ignored--

A commit_file1

M commit_file2

removed line->

The file gets commited anywise:

Sending commit_file1

Sending commit_file2

Sending don't_commit_me

Transmitting file data .....

Committed revision 117

Joseph Bauer

jbauer@denali.com

303-579-5072

Senior Research and Development Engineer

Denali Software

Re: removing files listed in the editor on a commit have no effect on files commited

Posted by Paul Koning <pk...@equallogic.com>.

 Joseph> Please confirm whether this is already being tracked or let
 Joseph> me know if I need to log the issue.

 Joseph> when checking in a number of files via:
 Joseph> svn commit
 Joseph> the editor comes up with the list:

 Joseph> --This line, and those below, will be ignored--
 Joseph> A commit_file1
 Joseph> M commit_file2
 Joseph> M dont_commit_me

 Joseph> add message and edit the list
 Joseph> my message here
 Joseph> --This line, and those below, will be ignored--
 Joseph> A commit_file1
 Joseph> M commit_file2
 Joseph> removed line->

 Joseph> The file gets commited anywise:

That's because editing the list has no effect.  You specify what to
commit in the "svn commit" command.  Since you didn't specify an
specific list of files, the default is "all the modified files in this
directory and any child directories".

If you want to commit some but not all modified files, you must
specify the list on the svn commit command.

	paul